As Australia’s population ages, understanding human ageing, including the factors that influence health and quality of life will become increasingly relevant for healthcare professionals.
We aim to expand and share knowledge of human ageing through collaborative multidisciplinary research and education to promote health ageing, minimise the impact of disease and disability on older people, and improve the overall quality of life of our older population.
Our research is achieved through a broad program that incorporates clinical, laboratory, epidemiological and health service evaluation approaches. Allied with this are education programs, at basic and advanced levels of practice, in geriatric medicine and other education programs for aged care workers from a range of professional settings.
- Become the national leader and internationally recognised for ageing research
- Undertake and promote multidisciplinary research that will lead to improvement in the quality of life of older people
- Provide quality education in ageing from the undergraduate to professional levels
- Contribute to health services for older people through evidence-based practices and application of research advances
- Promote ageing in the broader community and provide advocacy for the needs of older people